Saturday, December 30, 2006

From Gary Hill #2



With "Konti" in Dallas.

"When I first arrived in Venice in November of 1973, Gary was already there with a number of other people from the Dallas Park, awaiting the construction of Circus World in Davenport, Fl. The animals they had brought with them were intended for the African Veldt area of the forthcoming park but now also in limbo, had been dispersed around around the country.
As is well known, Gulf Oil (the Parent Company) kicked out and the whole project never developed. The two elephants "Doc" and "Konti" eventually came under my care." BucklesPosted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just look ay that S^%& eating grin. The man is in seventh heaven. Could do tooth paste comercialls. Gary, you are a DOLL!!! Sure regret letting you get away all those years ago.

GaryHill said...

She was my version of a White Elephant.

GaryHill said...

Dutchess, you are way too kind and apparently Blind! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Gary, I am practicing keeping my eyes closed so I can put my head in a lions mouth. I already know how to put my foot in my mouth. You know how my lieing eyes are sometimes. You are beautiful and the light you admit shines too bright to be dimmed so that even a blind person can see you.